30-Minute Beach Cleanup & Roses are Red Poetry Contest
The 30-Minute Beach Cleanups are held rain or shine on the third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. at 1 Granada Ave. since June 1999. At the cleanups, organizers provide free giveaways, trash bags, gloves, refreshments from Duthie Power Services and Corner Bakery, and volunteer service verification forms. An average of approx. 200 volunteers participate each month, and all ages and all sizes of groups are welcome. No RSVP is needed. Directly following the beach clean up be sure to stay for the Roses are Red Poetry Contest!
(See rules below) RULES
– there is no pre-registration – poetry does not have to be memorized
– max. two poems per entrant
– poems must be one minute or less
– no props
– all ages welcome to enter
– entry is free
– poetry must be original and start with the words “Roses are Red…”
– microphone provided
– bring a printed copy of your poem
– sign-up at the event
– Age and grade level (if any) will be taken into consideration by judges.
– Awards include $20 bills. – more about the beach cleanup before the poetry contest: BeachCleanup.org
For more details please visit the Justin Rudd Website.
Long Beach Local 2021